The National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD) is a nationally recognized, independent organization that provides online career development and mentoring resources for faculty, postdocs and graduate students. SF State has purchased a 2-year institutional membership starting this semester. All SF State faculty, postdocs and graduate students receive a FREE membership.
Extensive resources available to support faculty research, scholarship and creative activities (RSCA), with a special focus on supporting BIPOC and women faculty.
Virtual Programs and Resources Including:
- Weekly Monday Motivator
- Access to Multi-Week Courses
- A private Discussion Forum
- Accountability Buddy Matches
- Moderated Writing Challenges
- Access to the Member Library
- Monthly Core Curriculum, Guest Expert Webinars
Potential Benefits Include:
- Greater success with publications and securing external funding for research
- Increased confidence as an independent researcher and scholar
- Healthier personal and professional relationships with departmental colleagues
- Increased interactions with external mentors, sponsors, and collaborators
- Increased job satisfaction and retention
- Benefits are valued at $495/year but are FREE to SF State members
Join the Spring 2022 14-Day Writing Challenge
The 14-Day Challenge is an opportunity for you to experiment with daily writing, online community, and supportive accountability.
March 13th - March 25th, 2022
Are you up for the challenge?
Activate Your FREE Sub-Account Membership
We encourage you to claim your FREE membership by following these steps:
- Visit FacultyDiversity.org/Join and select San Francisco State University from the list of Institutional Members.
- On the institution’s landing page, click “Activate Your Membership.”
- Complete the registration process, and be sure to use your institutional email address (i.e., email@example.com).
- You will receive an email prompting you to activate your account.
If you have any technical questions, please email NCFDD at Membership@FacultyDiversity.org.
Dr. Dawn-Elissa Fischer Named as Coordinator
New Faculty Coordinator
The New Faculty Coordinator of the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD) at SF State is Dr. Dawn-Elissa Fischer, Associate Professor of Anthropology. Dr. Fischer will be working with the Professional Development Council (PDC) and the Office of Faculty Affairs to support faculty participation in this resource for faculty professional development.
If you have questions about the membership, please email Dr. Dawn-Elissa Fischer.