Welcome to the Mental Health page. Here you will find information about internal external resources available to you.
Mental Health Resources
Counseling and Psychological Services receive excellent psychological services right here at SF State. The professionally licensed counselor/faculty of the Counseling & Psychological Services Center include licensed marriage and family therapists, psychologists and clinical social workers trained to work with SF State’s multicultural community, with bilingual counselors available.
National Domestic Violence Hotline (800) 799-7233 is for survivors of domestic abuse, which may be further compromised by the spread of COVID-19 and stay-at-home orders. The hotline provides tips for survivors in regards to creating safety plans and reaching out for help.
Suicide Prevention Lifeline (800) 273-8255
Disaster Distress Hotline (800) 985-5990
National Helpline 800-622-HELP
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Helpline (SAMHSA) National Helpline is a free, confidential, 24/7, 365-day-a-year treatment referral and information service (in English and Spanish) for individuals and families facing mental and/or substance use disorders.
Tools to Promote Mental Health
- Calm – Free Meditation Resources
- UCSF Osher Center - Guided Meditations/Imagery: Guided imagery uses spoken word to engage patients in active imagination and sensory exercises designed to produce a relaxation state.
- Headspace – Weathering the storm (meditations): Headspace is offering a collection of meditations and sleep/movement exercises to help you find some space and kindness for yourself and those around you.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – Taking Care of Your Emotional Health
- The Guardian – Managing Anxiety During COVID-19
- Wysa: Wysa is an AI chatbot with exercises to help with stress, depression and anxiety. Wysa has developed activity packs for isolation stress and pandemic stress.
- Sanvello: Sanvello is an app that provides exercises for managing stress, anxiety and depression. Sanvello is providing premium access — all content, coping tools and peer support are for free during the crisis.
- Mental Health Association: 24/7 peer-run warm line for COVID-19 support.