Welcome to the Office of Faculty Affairs & Professional Development at San Francisco State University! Located within the Division of Academic Affairs, Faculty Affairs serves the faculty in a variety of ways, including coordination of hiring; retention, tenure, and/or promotion processes, and post tenure review; administration of internal grants and awards programs; provision of professional development programs and workshops, and individual consultation with faculty.
Spring RTP Workshops
The Office of Faculty Affairs & Professional Development invites faculty to participate in one of the following workshops to help prepare for retention, tenure and promotion. Sophie Clavier, associate dean of Faculty Affairs & Professional Development, will conduct the workshops. Faculty who will be reviewed in the next few years are encouraged to attend. The workshops have been organized according to different phases of faculty professional development, but topics covered in each workshop will be similar, so feel free to attend the workshop that best fits your schedule.
- Faculty currently in retention review: Tuesday, April 3, 10 to 11:30 a.m., LIB 244
- Faculty currently in retention review: Wednesday, April 4, 10 to 11:30 a.m. via Zoom
- Faculty preparing for promotion and tenure to associate professor: Wednesday, April 11, 1 to 2:30 p.m. via Zoom
- Faculty preparing for promotion and tenure to associate professor: Thursday, April 12, 10 to 11:30 a.m., LIB 244
- Faculty preparing for promotion to full professor: Thursday, April 26, 1 to 2:30 p.m., LIB 244
We are pleased to announce two grant opportunities: the Development of Research and Creativity (DRC) grant or the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) small grant, each for up to $10,000 for individual projects and up to $15,000 for collaborative projects. The submission deadline is March 28th.
The online application is available at: https://sfsu.infoready4.com/CompetitionSpace/#competitionDetail/1769702